26 Nov Class 156 DMU
Metro Cammell Class 156 DMU
4mm Scale/OO • DCC Ready/DCC/DCC Sound • Spring 2017 Release
Rapido Trains Inc. is proud to again be associated with Realtrack Models next diesel multiple unit model, the Metro Cammell 2-Car Class 156. 114 two-car Class 156 DMUs were built between 1987 and 1989 by Metro-Cammell at Washwood Heath (Birmingham) for British Rail. More details will follow.
Click here to visit Realtrack Models’ ordering pages.
Liveries/numbers available in the first run are as follows:
ScotRail ‘Saltire’ livery
2 numbers available
156445 with Abellio branding
– Dual English/Gaelic logos & Glasgow Queen Street/Fort William destinations
156494 with First Group branding
– English ‘Scotland’s Railway’ logos and Glasgow Central/Newcastle destinations
First ScotRail ‘Barbie’ livery
3 numbers available
156453 First Group branding
– With Glasgow Central/Edinburgh destinations
156467 First Group branding
– With Glasgow Queen Street/Oban destinations
156477 Abellio branding
– Debranded ex-First Group unit with Glasgow Central/East Kilbride destinations
This landmark OO gauge model features:
- 3D scanned for accuracy
- Completely hidden five-pole motor with dual flywheels
- A new standard for underframe detail for a British model with piping and a crazy amount of separately-applied parts!
- Full interior with factory-fitted lights and cab lighting
- Directional head/tail lights with working orange door warning lights and illuminated destination boards
- DC/Silent (21-pin DCC Ready) and DCC/Sound (ESU LokSound decoder) options available
- Etched metal details inc. exhaust guard & windscreen wipers
- Designed for drop-in conversion to EM and P4
- Two liveries with five numbers available in first run – every combination has unique printing. Yes, they’re all different!
- Limited edition, produced strictly to order